Registered participants will have the opportunity to present their mathematical work in the form of a Short Communication, a Poster or a contribution on Mathematical Software. Only one of these three possibilities will be allowed for each participant.
Presentations at the congress in one of the above mentioned sections will be accepted for consideration, provided that participants
- Have registered by March 30, 2006 and indicated on the registration form that they wish to present their work,
- Have submitted an abstract by that date
- Their contribution has been accepted by the Local Program Committee.
The main purpose of the sessions on mathematical software is to give an overview of the state of the art, highlighting the current research and its main developments. It is aimed at attracting a broad audience, including researchers, students, teachers, etc., with a particular focus on software topics.
Sessions will be devoted to presenting mathematical software systems or mathematical applications, either of general scope or focussed on particular areas. Implementations of specially designed algorithms solving particular mathematical problems of research interest are also welcome. Contributions should meet the highest standards. Mathematical originality, new solutions to relevant problems, or unusual fields of application will be greatly appreciated. Within this framework, submissions from any mathematical field using software systems will be considered; for instance, numerical analysis, computer algebra, optimisation, mathematical visualization, mathematical education software, etc.
Systems which are available free of charge (e.g., public domain) are specially welcome and clearly preferred.
We would like to emphasise that this is a scientific section of the congress with no commercial aim. Established companies in software systems can offer their products in booths specially designed for commercial exhibitors.
Each contribution on mathematical software should last up to 25 minutes, including discussion. The room for contributions on mathematical software is equipped with video projector and computer. It is the responsibility of contributors to obtain any required permission and license for material contained in their presentations.
Submission of abstracts available till March 30th. Abstracts submitted after March 30, 2006, will not be considered. The Local Program Committee will notify authors of acceptance/rejection of their contribution before May 30, 2006.
Click here for Information about the ICM2006 Scientific Sections.
Submissions of contributions on mathematical software should be written in English using the LaTeX template available here. Authors should submit both the text LaTeX file and the pdf file. Submissions will consist of
1. An extended abstract of at most three pages: In order to ensure proper assessment of the contribution, an extended abstract of at most 3 pages is required. The abstract should include a brief description of the mathematical background of the systems, the fields of application, the software design and techniques and if possible, a url page where the software can be tested. In addition, an example of performance is encouraged.
2. An abridged abstract: A concise version of the extended abstract is also required. It should contain a clear statement of the results and their context (between 150 and 250 words) and references (not exceeding five).
Should the submission be accepted, the abridged abstract will be published in the abstract books of the ICM2006.
If you wish to submit an abstract, please take the following steps:
- Download the LaTeX template by clicking (here).
- Write the two abstracts (the abridged abstract and the extended abstract) according to the instructions of the template.
- Make a pdf file of each LaTeX file.
- Access to the on-line form by clicking on “submit my contribution” here below.
- Follow the submission steps:
- Click on “New Abstract”
- Click on “Mathematical software”, on the corresponding scientific section
and answer the question about grant application. (Send and continue).
- Type the title of the contribution (in CAPITAL LETTERS)
- Load the LaTeX and pdf files of your abridged abstract; Load the LaTex
and pdf files of your extended abstract. (Send and continue).
- Fill in the Speaker Author Data. (Send and continue).
- Fill in the Co-authors Data (if any). (Send and continue).
6. After having successfully completed all the steps, a closing screen will give you the number assigned to your abstract. Please keep this number in your records for further reference.
An e-mail of confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address of the Speaker Author data.
2004 © Copyright by Asociación International Congress of Mathematicians, ICM
2006 Madrid. All Rights Reserved.