In the planning of each session, we have considered thematic proximity, compatibility with attendance to the invited lectures of the same and related scientific sections of the ICM 2006, and a balanced intensity of activity throughout the eight days of the congress.
Because of the high number of contributions and the restrictions given by the available rooms, it is impossible to fulfil personal wishes on schedule without loosing scientific coherence. Therefore we would like to have your kind understanding and ask you to refrain from requesting changes on the schedule of your contribution. We are very sorry not to be able to take them into consideration.
Rooms for short communications are equipped only with a standard overhead projector. Please prepare your presentation on a transparent sheet. NO USB, no PC available.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
Registered participants will have the opportunity to present their mathematical work in the form of a Short Communication, a Poster or a contribution on Mathematical Software. Only one of these three possibilities will be allowed for each participant.
Presentations at the congress in one of the above mentioned sections will be accepted for consideration, provided that participants
Each short communication should last up to 20 minutes, including discussion. Rooms for short communications are equipped only with a standard overhead projector. Please prepare your presentation on a transparent sheet. NO USB, no PC available.
- Have registered by March 30, 2006 and indicated on the registration form that they wish to present their work
- Have submitted an abstract by that date
- Their contribution has been accepted by the Local Program Committee
Submission of abstracts available till March 30th. Abstracts submitted after March 30, 2006, cannot be considered. The Local Program Committee will notify authors of acceptance/rejection of their contribution before May 30, 2006.
Besides this formal framework, it will also be possible to organize ad-hoc sessions during the conference.
Click here for Information about the ICM2006 Scientific Sections.
Abstracts of short communications should be written in English using the LateX template available here. Authors should submit both the text LateX file and the pdf file.
The abstract text should contain:
Abstracts of accepted communications will be published in the abstract books of the ICM2006
- A clear statement of the results and their context (between 150 and 250 words)
- References (not exceeding five)
Should the submission be accepted, the abridged abstract will be published in the abstract books of the ICM2006.
If you wish to submit an abstract, please take the following steps:
- Download the LaTeX template by clicking (here).
- Write the abstract according to the instructions of the template.
- Make a pdf file of your LaTeX file.
- Access to the on-line form by clicking on “submit my contribution” here below.
- Follow the submission steps:
- Click on “New Abstract”
- Click on “Short Communication”, the corresponding scientific section and
answer the question about grant application. (Send and continue).
- Type the title of the contribution (in CAPITAL LETTERS)
- Load the LaTeX and pdf files of your abstract. (Send and continue).
- Fill in the Speaker Author Data. (Send and continue).
- Fill in the Co-authors Data (if any). (Send and continue).
6. After having successfully completed all the steps, a closing screen will give you the number assigned to your abstract. Please keep this number in your records for further reference.
An e-mail of confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address of the Speaker Author data.
2004 © Copyright by Asociación International Congress of Mathematicians, ICM
2006 Madrid. All Rights Reserved.